Here you can track the most common issues that our users encounter when testing with our demo app.
Check these points when you are not receiving your notification on the Android Demo App.
- Did you create a geofence and a notification on your current location? This can be done in our dashboard. Make sure to set the range of the geofence large enough (> 200m for testing purposes).
- It can take some time before the demo app on your device is synchronized with our server. To quickly sync your device you could reinstall the app as it will force a sync. After a reinstall the app has to be opened. If you are in the geofence and still want to receive a notification you have to bring the app to the background immediately after opting in to location services.
- Is the notification enabled? When the notification is set to paused it cannot be received.
4. Make sure it doesn't have opening hours or timespans. You can let the notification trigger anytime by setting "Notification can be triggered at the following times:" to "any time" in the advanced settings of your campaign.
5. Did you set the demo token correctly? It is the 6 digits number that was displayed to you after signing up. If you missed that, you can retrieve it from the developer tools tab of your dashboard.You can set the token in the Settings tab of the Plot Projects app and then click on Connect to account. Once you've entered the demo token the demo app will remember the token.
6. Have you turned on location services? You can usually set this at Settings > More > Location services. The mode should be High Accuracy or Battery saving.
7. Do you have an internet connection? In order to load your notifications and geofences the demo app requires a working internet connection. A continuous internet connection also improves location accuracy.
8. Is WIFI enabled? Although no WIFI connection is required, it improves location detecting accuracy.
9. Did you already receive the notification before? Make sure the notification is set to be received more than once in the campaign settings in the dashboard.
10. Is there an app cooldown specified? When there is a cooldown specified in our dashboard for your app then the Plot plugin won't sent more than one message during the specified period. Set the minimum time to "upon re-entering" to remove any cooldown.
11. Have you stayed at the same location for a long time? The Plot plugin works best when moving at slower speeds. To optimize for battery efficiency it is possible you don't receive a notification when driving a vehicle or staying for a longer period on the same location.
12. Is the notification you are not receiving a beacon notification? Please make sure you have turned bluetooth on.
13. Still didn't receive your notification? You can find more detailed information in the log file. You can mail the log file by pressing "Mail log" in the Settings tab.